Most undead are corporeal, in a skeletal or rotted state.
- Skeletal warrior
- Mummy lord
- Death knight
- Shadow Reaver
An undead creature has the following features.
- d12 Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to 1/2 total Hit Dice (as wizard).
- Good Will saves.
- Skill points equal to (4 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the undead creature has an Intelligence score. However, many undead are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature's entry).
- No Constitution score.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- All mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, and death effects.
- Critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain.
- Damage to physical ability scores (Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution), as well as to fatigue and exhaustion effects.
- Any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects or is harmless).
- Not at risk of death from massive damage, but when reduced to 0 hit points or less, it is immediately destroyed.
- Not affected by raise dead and reincarnate spells or abilities. Resurrection and true resurrection can affect undead creatures. These spells turn undead creatures back into the living creatures they were before becoming undead.
- Cannot heal damage on its own if it has no Intelligence score, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal undead creatures. The fast healing special quality works regardless of the creature's Intelligence score.
- Uses its Charisma modifier for Concentration checks.
- Proficient with its natural weapons, all simple weapons, and any weapons mentioned in its entry.
- Proficient with whatever type of armor (light, medium, or heavy) it is described as wearing, as well as all lighter types. Undead not indicated as wearing armor are not proficient with armor. Undead are proficient with shields if they are proficient with any form of armor.
- Undead do not breathe, eat, or sleep.