Treants are large ambulatory trees, complete with anthropomorphic faces. A treant’s leaves are deep green in the spring and summer. In the fall and winter the leaves change to yellow, orange, or red, but they rarely fall out like deciduous trees. A treant’s legs fit together when closed to look like the trunk of a tree, and a motionless treant is nearly indistinguishable from a tree.
Treant Plant Shape FeaturesEdit
When using the druid class feature plant shape the PC gains the following benefits from Treant form.
- STR 29
- DEX 8
- CON 21
- 2-12 base damage
- 22 Armor Class
- Immunity to disease, critical hits, mind effects, paralysis, poison, fear.
- 50% vulnerability to Fire.
- Animal affecting spells such as Magic Fang can be used
"This tall being looks much like an animated tree. Its skin is thick and brown, with a barklike texture. Its arms are gnarled like branches, and its legs look like the split trunk of a tree. Above the eyes and along the head are dozens of smaller branches from which hang great leaves."
NPC Treant TraitsEdit
- Plant 7
- Damage reduction 10/slashing
- Immunity to disease, critical hits, mind-affecting spells, Paralysis, poison, fear
- Damage vulnerability: Fire (50% damage weakness)
- Weapon Proficiency (creature), Low-Light Vision, Iron Will, Power Attack
Treants prefer to watch potential foes carefully before attacking. They often charge suddenly from cover to trample the despoilers of forests. If sorely pressed, they animate trees as reinforcements.