Sun Elves hail from Evermeet where non-elves are not allowed, and therefore are less common in Faerun than moon elves. Also called gold elves, they have bronze skin, golden blond, copper, or black hair, and green or gold eyes. These are seen as the most civilized and haughty elves, preferring to remain separate from nonelven races. Most sun elves lead a life of study and contemplation, which serves to sharpen their minds, but leaves their bodies soft.
Favored class: Wizard. A multiclass elf's wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an XP penalty for multiclassing. Wizardry comes naturally to elves - indeed, they sometimes claim to have invented it, and fighter/wizards are especially common among them.
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Immunity to Sleep: Immunity to sleep and magic sleep effects.
- Low-light vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) weapons.
- Keen Sense: An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 to Listen
- Skill Affinity (Search): +2 to Search
- Skill Affinity (Spot): +2 to Spot
The only feature missing from the elven races are the language abilities that are not implemented in NWN2.