Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
All spell levels have been synced with online version of the English manual. Some differences to in-game listings may still need correction.
- Endure Elements: Grants 10/- resistance against elements.
- Nightshield: Provides a resistance bonus to saving throws and negates magic missle attacks directed at you. (SoZ)
- Protection from Alignment: +2 to AC and saves versus creatures of specified alignment.
- Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 shield bonus to AC, blocks magic missiles.
- Blades of Fire: Your melee weapon deals extra fire damage. (SoZ)
- Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery, slowing or knocking down enemies.
- Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus to AC.
- Orb of Acid, Lesser: An orb of acid shoots from your palm at your target, dealing acid damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Cold, Lesser: An orb of cold shoots from your palm at your target, dealing cold damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Electricity, Lesser: An orb of electricity shoots from your palm at your target, dealing electricity damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Fire, Lesser: An orb of fire shoots from your palm at your target, dealing fire damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Sound, Lesser: An orb of sound shoots from your palm at your target, dealing sonic damage. (SoZ)
- Summon Creature I: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Detect Undead: Reveals undead on your minimap.
- Identify: Improves lore checks.
- True Strike: +20 to attack for 9 seconds.
- Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage/arrow; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
- Shocking Grasp: Touch delivers 1d6/level electricity damage (max 5d6).
- Cause Fear: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.
- Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray deals 1d6+1/2 levels (max +5) Str damage.
- Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).
- Enlarge Person: Humanoid creature doubles in size (+2STR, -2DEX, -1 attack, -1 AC, +3 melee damage).
- Expeditious Retreat: Your speed increases to 150%.
- Low Light Vision: The party is granted the ability to see in the dark.
- Magic Weapon: Weapon temporarily gains +1 enhancement bonus.
- Reduce Person: Shrinks target humanoid.
- Dispel Magic, Lesser: Dispels a limited amount of magic effects.
- Protection from Arrows: Subject is granted damage resistance 10/magic to ranged attacks.
- Resist Energy: Grants 20/- against all elemental damage.
- Melf's Acid Arrow: Bolt of acid does 3d6 damage on hit plus 1d6/round until spell expiry.
- Summon Creature II: Calls and appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Web: Fills 20-ft.-radius spread with sticky spiderwebs that slows or entangles enemies.
- See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.
- Touch of Idiocy: Touched foe’s spellcasting abilities are diminished.
- Cloud of Bewilderment: Stuns and blinds enemies for 1d6 rounds.
- Combust: A single target takes 2d6+1/level fire damage and has a chance of catching fire.
- Darkness: 20-ft. radius of supernatural shadow.
- Fireburst: An small fiery explosion deals 1d8 damage to nearby creatures.
- Gedlee's Electric Loop: 1d6 electricity damage/2 levels to a chain of creatures with a chance of stunning them.
- Gust of Wind: Knocks down some creatures and clears gaseous effects in an area.
- Scorching Ray: Fiery rays hit target. (1+ ray @ 4d6 dmg) (MoTB)
- Bladeweave: Your weapon gains the ability to daze opponents. (SoZ)
- Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded and deafened.
- Ghostly Visage: Grants 5/magic damage reduction and immunity to all 0- and 1st-level spells.
- Invisibility: Subject is invisible until it attacks or casts spells.
- Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of the caster (1d4 +1 per 3 levels).
- Curse of Impending Blades: Target receives a penalty to his armor class. (MoTB)
- Death Armor: a magical barrier damages creatures that attack the caster.
- False Life: Gain 1d10 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
- Ghoul Touch: Paralyzing touch attack.
- Scare: Panics creatures of less than 6 HD.
- Animalistic Power: Imbues the subject with an aspect of the natural world. The subject gains a +2 bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution.
- Balagarn's Iron Horn: A burst of sound knocks creatures to the ground.
- Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
- Blind Sight: Target can see invisible and in darkness.
- Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
- Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
- Eagle's Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.
- Fox's Cunning: Subject gains +4 Int for 1 min./level.
- Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
- Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
- Snake's Swiftness: Hastes target for one round. (SoZ)
- Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
- Magic Circle against Alignment: As per protection from alignment spell, but affecting nearby allies as well.
- Protection from Energy: Grants 30/- damage resistance versus elemental energy.
- Flame Arrow: Caster can fire 1 arrow/4 levels; each arrow inflicts 4d6 fire damage.
- Improved Mage Armor: Grants +6 AC.
- Mestil's Acid Breath: A cone of acid deals 1d6 damage per level.
- Stinking Cloud: Nauseating vapors that dazes creatures, 1 round/level.
- Summon Creature III: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: +10 to spot and listen checks temporarily.
- Power Word Maladroit: Causes dexterity damage to a single creature.
- Power Word Weaken: Weakens target creature.
- Deep Slumber: Puts 10 HD of creatures to sleep.
- Heroism: Gives +2 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks to target creature.
- Hold Person: Paralyzes one humanoid for 1 round/level.
- Rage: Party goes into the equivalent of a barbarian's rage.
- Fireball: 1d6 fire damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
- Lightning Bolt: Electricity deals 1d6/level damage in a direct line from caster.
- Scintillating Sphere: 1d6 electricity damage per level, 20-ft radius.
- Displacement: Target gains 50% concealment.
- Invisibility Sphere: Makes everyone within 10 ft. invisible.
- Vampiric Touch: Touch deals 1d8/two levels damage; caster gains damage as hp.
- Mass Curse of Impending Blades: Multiple targets receives a penalty to his armor class.
- Haste: +50% to movement speed, +1 on attack rolls and reflex saves, +1 AC, and an extra attack per round.
- Keen Edge: Doubles slashing or piercing weapon’s critical threat range.
- Magic Weapon, Greater: +1/four levels (max +5).
- Snake's Swiftness, Mass: Hastes nearby allies for one round.
- Slow: -50% to movement speed, –1 to AC, reflex saves, and attack rolls.
- Spiderskin: +1, +1/three levels to AC, poison saves and Hide skill checks.
- Weapon of Impact: Similar to the keen edge spell, but affecting blunt weapons.
- Globe of Invulnerability, Lesser: Makes caster immune to 3rd-level and lower spell effects.
- Greater Resistance: Grants a +3 bonus to all saving throws.
- Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.
- Spell Breach, Lesser: Removes up to two magical defences from an opponent.
- Spell Mantle, Least: Absorbs the equivalent of up to 1d4 + 4 spell levels.
- Stoneskin: Grants 10/adamantine damage reduction.
- Evard's Black Tentacles: Tentacles grapple all within 20 ft. spread.
- Orb of Acid: An orb of acid shoots from your palm at your target, dealing acid damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Cold: An orb of cold shoots from your palm at your target, dealing cold damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Electricity: An orb of electricity shoots from your palm at your target, dealing electricity damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Fire: An orb of fire shoots from your palm at your target, dealing fire damage. (SoZ)
- Orb of Sound: An orb of sound shoots from your palm at your target, dealing sonic damage. (SoZ)
- Summon Creature IV: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Charm Monster: Makes monster believe it is your ally.
- Confusion: Target behaves unpredictably, wandering, stopping or attacking others randomly.
- Crushing Despair: Subjects take –2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and ability/skill checks.
- Elemental Shield: Creatures attacking caster take fire damage; while the caster has 50% resistance from fire and cold.
- Ice Storm: Hail deals 3d6 bludgeoning damage and 2d6+1d6/3 levels cold damage in cylinder 40 ft. across.
- Isaac's Lesser Missile Storm: Grants one missile/level, each inflicting 1d6 damage.
- Wall of Fire: Deals 2d6+level fire damage to those who pass through it. Undead take double damage.
- Greater Invisibility: As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay concealed.
- Phantasmal Killer: Fearsome illusion kills subject.
- Shadow Conjuration: Mimics conjuration spells below 4th level, but only 20% real.
- Animate Dead: Creates undead skeletons and zombies.
- Contagion: Infects subject with a random disease.
- Enervation: Target is drained of 1d4 levels.
- Fear: Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.
- Bestow Curse: –2 to all the targets ability scores.
- Polymorph Self: Caster has the ability to shapechange to a chosen creature.
- Reduce Person, Mass: Shrinks multiple humanoids. (SoZ)
- Shout: Cone of sonic energy deals 5d6 damage and can rend target deafened.
- Dismissal: Forces summoned creatures to return to their native plane.
- Mind Blank, Lesser: Protects recipient from mind-affecting spells and removes those already in effect.
- Spell Mantle, Lesser: Absorbs the equivalent of 1d6+6 spell levels.
- Wall of Dispel Magic: Creates a transparent barrier that casts Dispel Magic on anyone passing through it.
- Arc of Lightning: This bolt targets two creatures and deals 1d6 points of electricity damage per caster level (maximum 15d6) to both creatures and to anything in the line between them. (SoZ)
- Planar Binding, Lesser: Traps extraplanar creature of 6 HD or less until it performs a task.
- Summon Creature V: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Vitriolic Sphere: Huge acid explosion that does damage for several rounds.
- Feeblemind: Target suffers 1d4 damage/four caster levels to INT and CHA.
- Power Word Disable: You utter a single word of power that disables target creature.
- Dominate Person: Controls humanoid telepathically.
- Hold Monster: As hold person, but any creature.
- Mind Fog: Creatures exposed to the fog receive -10 to will saves.
- Bigby's Interposing Hand: Hand provides cover against one opponent, forcing a -10 attack penalty.
- Cacophonic Burst: Deals sonic damage to all enemies in an area.
- Cone of Cold: 1d6/level cold damage.
- Firebrand: Balls of flame (1/level) do 1d6 damage/level each.
- Fireburst, Greater: A large explosion of flame centred on the caster does 1d8 damage per caster level.
- Shroud of Flame: Target is encased in flame causing it to burn and singeing those near it.
- Glass Doppelganger: You create a living glass creation that is an exact copy of touched target
- Cloudkill: Poisonous gas that instantly kills weaker creatures.
- Reduce Person, Greater: Shrinks target humanoid for a long time. (SoZ)
- Dispel Magic, Greater: As dispel magic, but +15 on check.
- Globe of Invulnerability: As lesser globe of invulnerability, plus 4th-level spell effects.
- Spell Breach, Greater: Strips up to four magical defenses from an opponent.
- Superior Resistance: Grants a +6 bonus to all saves.
- Acid Fog: Fog deals acid damage.
- Planar Binding: As lesser planar binding, but up to 12 HD.
- Summon Creature VI: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Legend Lore: Grants a large boost to Lore skill checks for a sustained length of time.
- True Seeing: Pierces ethereal effects and invisibility.
- Heroism, Greater: Gives +4 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks; +1/level temporary hp.
- Bigby's Forceful Hand: Hand pushes creatures away.
- Chain Lightning: 1d6/level damage; 1 secondary bolt/level each deals half damage.
- Isaac's Greater Missile Storm One 2d6 damage missile/level hits enemies.
- Ethereal Visage: 20/adamantine damage reduction, protection from spells of level 2 and lower.
- Circle of Death: Kills 1d4/level HD of creatures.
- Create Undead: Creates ghouls, ghasts, mummies, or mohrgs.
- Mass Contagion: Causes all hostile targets in the area of effect to become infected with a disease.
- Undeath to Death: Destroys 1d4/level HD of undead (max 20d4).
- Disintegrate:Ray does 2d6 damage/level to target.
- Extract Water Elemental: A single target takes 1d6/level damage; summons water elemental if it kills
- Flesh to Stone: Turns subject creature into statue.
- Mass Bear's Endurance: Grants multiple targets a bonus to their Constitution.
- Mass Bull's Strength: Targets are granted a strength bonus.
- Mass Cat's Grace: Target creatures gain a bonus to Dexterity.
- Mass Eagle's Splendor: Affected creatures gain a bonus to Charisma.
- Mass Fox's Cunning: Affected creatures gain a bonus to their Intelligence.
- Mass Owl's Wisdom: Targeted creatures gain a bonus to their Wisdom.
- Stone Body: Transforms the caster's flesh into movable stone (+4STR, -4DEX, DR 10/adamantine, -50% movement, immunity to most negative effects, 50% immunity to acid/fire).
- Stone to Flesh: Restores petrified creature.
- Stoneskin, Greater: 20/adamantine damage reduction.
- Tenser's Transformation: You gain physical strength and many melee combat bonuses.
- Energy Immunity: Grants immunity to one type of energy.
- Spell Mantle: Absorbs the equivalent of 1d8 + 8 spell levels.
- Summon Creature VII: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Banishment: Banishes 2 HD/level of summoned creatures. Listed in the manual as Divination, but is listed as Abjuration in the in-game description.
- Hiss of Sleep: Many enemies are put to sleep.
- Hold Person, Mass: As hold person, but all within 30 ft.
- Bigby's Grasping Hand: Hand grapples creature for 1 round per caster level.
- Delayed Blast Fireball: A fireball spell that is used as a trap, deals 1d6 fire damage per level, up to 20d6.
- Prismatic Spray: Rays hit subjects with variety of effects.
- Shadow Conjuration, Greater: As shadow conjuration, but up to 6th level and 60% real.
- Shadow Shield: Caster receives +5 natural AC, 10/magic DR, and immunity to death effects, necromancy spells and negative energy damage.
- Solipsism: You manipulate the senses of one creature so that it perceives itself to be the only real creature.
- Avasculate: Stuns target and reduces it to half of its current hit points.
- Control Undead: Dominates an undead creature.
- Finger of Death: Kills one subject, if target succeeds at a fortitude save, it deals 3d8+caster level of negative energy damage.
- Ethereal Jaunt: Caster becomes ethereal and is undetectable until performing a hostile action.
- Mordenkainen's Sword: Summoned magic blade strikes opponents.
- Wall of Greater Dispel Magic: Creates transparent barrier that casts Greater Dispel Magic on anyone passing through it.
- Mind Blank: Grants immunity to mind-affecting spells and effects to caster and allies.
- Protection from Spells: Confers +8 to saves versus spells.
- Planar Binding, Greater: As lesser planar binding, but up to 18 HD.
- Summon Creature VIII: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Power Word Petrify: Turns a single target into stone.
- Power Word Stun: Instantly stuns target.
- Premonition: Damage reduction 30/adamantine.
- Blackstaff: +4 enhanced quarterstaff with the ability to dispel magic on strike.
- Charm Monster, Mass: As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
- Incendiary Cloud: Cloud deals 4d6 fire damage/round.
- Bigby's Clenched Fist: Large hand deals 1d8+11 damage and stuns the target.
- Polar Ray: Ranged touch attack deals 1d6/level cold damage.
- Sunburst: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 1d6 damage/level to undead.
- Blindness/Deafness, Mass: All nearby enemies are struck blind and deaf.
- Create Greater Undead: Create shadows, wraiths, spectres, or devourers.
- Horrid Wilting: Deals 1d6/level (max 20d6) negative energy damage within 30 ft.
- Greater Shout: Cone of sonic energy deals 10d6 damage, causes deafness, and can stun.
- Iron Body: Your body becomes living iron (+6STR, -6DEX, DR 15/adamantine, -50% movement, immunity to negative effects, 50% immunity to acid and fire).
- Mordenkainen's Disjunction: Very powerful form of dispel magic.
- Spell Mantle, Greater: Absorbs the equivalent of up to 1d12+10 spell levels.
- Gate: Opens an inter-planar gate to summon a devil.
- Summon creature IX: Calls an appropriate creature to fight for you.
- Power Word Kill: Kills a creature with 100 hit points or less.
- Dominate Monster: As dominate person, but any creature.
- Hold Monster, Mass: As hold monster, but all within 30 ft.
- Bigby's Crushing Hand: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or crushes your foes.
- Burst of Glacial Wrath: Icy energy that deals up to 25d6 cold damage and may flash-freeze creatures.
- Meteor Swarm: A meteor storm deals up to 32d6 damage to single or 24d6 to multiple in affected area.
- Shades: As shadow conjuration, but up to 8th level and 80% real.
- Shadow Simulacrum: Create a shadow duplicate of the creature touched.
- Weird: As phantasmal killer, but affects all within 30 ft.
- Energy Drain: Drains 2d4 levels from the target.
- Wail of the Banshee: Terrifying shriek that kills nearby enemies.
- Etherealness: Caster and companions travel to Ethereal Plane until any of them make a hostile action.
- Shapechange: Transforms caster into a powerful creature.