Gnomes and halflings are small creatures. As such, they gain bonuses to their attack rolls, armor class and hide checks when dealing with larger creatures. Because of their small size, they also cannot use the following weapons: greataxe, greatsword, halberd, quarterstaff, scythe and spear.
- They gain the following:
- The +4 bonus to Hide is not shown on the character sheet, and not applied to the character otherwise.  It is unknown if other size modifiers to Listen, Spot and Move Silently apply.
- Encumbrance and speed are those of a medium size character.
- Small races can't use large-sized weapons (including longbows) without Monkey Grip. Medium-sized weapons are wielded two-handedly.
- Small races are prohibited from using Tower Shields.
- This feat is informative only. The bonuses are due to the races being flagged as small in appearance.2da, resulting in application of size modifiers.