Prone has the following effects:
- Target is down on the ground and cannot move, attack, cast a spell or do any other action for 6 seconds.
- Melee attackers get a +4 bonus to hit them
- Ranged attackers get a -4 penalty to hit them
It is likely a way of saying a move action takes 6 seconds to do and the defender always gets up right away, thus no action can be taken since they are getting up. However, move actions can be taken in addition to any standard action in a single round.
More apt, Characters and Creatures will only be prone during that round and will recover at the end of the round, which may be less than 6 seconds. ie Make your targets prone early in the round or they will recover sooner.
DnD 3.5 comparisonEdit
- Prone in NWN2 is incredibly powerful compared to the DnD 3.5 rules. NWN2's version acts more like paralysis or stun instead of simply knocking something down so it cannot move until it gets up.
- In DnD, standing up from prone position provokes an Attack of opportunity, in NWN2 this is not the case.