- Aasimar - Descended from celestials
- Tiefling - Descended from fiends
- Air genasi - Descended from djinni
- Earth genasi - Descended from dao
- Fire genasi - Descended from efreeti
- Water genasi - Descended from marids
- Obsidian originally classified aasimar and tieflings as a human subrace, but later corrected them as planetouched. 
- Planetouched creatures are not affected by turn undead in NWN2.  PnP planetouched lack the [good] and [evil] subtypes so they should not be effected by such.
- Aasimars and tieflings will not receive weapon proficiency (simple) and weapon proficiency (martial) for free (as in PnP DnD). 
- The aasimar and tieflings are playable in the original NWN2. Genasi were added as a playable races in the Mask of the Betrayer expansion.
- Because the playable planetouched in Neverwinter Nights 2 are effected by spells targeting humanoids and do not gain the outsider weapon proficiencies, they are identical to the lesser planetouched, but are LA +1 like "full" planetouched.