Halflings are clever, capable, and resourceful survivors. They are notoriously curious, and show a daring that many larger people can't match. They can be lured by wealth, but tend to spend rather than hoard. Halflings have ruddy skin, hair that is black and straight, and brown or black eyes. Halfling men often grow long sideburns, but rarely beards or moustaches. They prefer practical clothing, and would rather wear a comfortable shirt than jewelry. Halflings stand about 3 feet tall, and commonly live to see 150.
The most common type of halflings seen in the world, the lightfoots are the most likely to give in to their desire to wander. They are at home living side by side with folk of many different races and cultures.
The features of the lightfoot halfling subrace matches those of the halfling race.
Size: Small. As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus to attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus to Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
Favored class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling's rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an XP penalty for multiclassing. Halflings have long had to rely on stealth, wit, and skill, and the vocation of rogue comes naturally to them.
- Skill Affinity (Move Silently): +2 racial bonus on move silently checks.
- Lucky: +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- Fearless: +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear (this bonus stacks with the halfling's +1 bonus on saving throws in general).
- Good Aim: +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Skill Affinity (Listen): +2 racial bonus on listen checks.
- NWN and NWN2 both exclude languages.
- The skills climb and jump are not implemented in NWN2 and therefore the racial +2 bonus to these skills is not included.