Humans and elves sometimes wed, the elf attracted to the human's energy and the human to the elf 's grace. These marriages end quickly as elves count years because a human's life is so brief, but they leave an enduring legacy - half-elf children. The life of a half-elf can be hard. If raised by elves, the half-elf seems to grow with astounding speed, reaching maturity within two decades. If, on the other hand, she is raised by humans, the half-elf finds herself different from her peers, more aloof, more sensitive, less ambitious, and slower to mature. Half-elves are paler, fairer, and smoother-skinned than their human parents, but their actual skin tones and other details vary just as human features do. Half-elves tend to have green, elven eyes. They live to about 300 years of age, sometimes more.
- Hardiness vs. Enchantments: +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Immunity to Sleep: Immunity to sleep and magic sleep effects.
- Low-light vision: A half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Partial Skill Affinity (Listen): +1 racial bonus on listen checks.
- Partial Skill Affinity (Search): +1 racial bonus on search checks.
- Partial Skill Affinity (Spot): +1 racial bonus on spot checks.
- Skill Affinity (Bluff): +2 racial bonus on bluff skill checks.
- Skill Affinity (Diplomacy): +2 racial bonus on diplomacy skill checks.
- NWN and NWN2 both exclude language abilities.
- The half-elf race has unique character models in NWN2. In the original NWN, half-elves shared the same models as humans.