Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Classes: Barbarian, Cleric, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Swashbuckler, Wizard, Warlock; Arcane archer, Arcane trickster, Assassin, Blackguard, Divine champion, Duelist, Dwarven defender, Eldritch knight, Harper agent, Invisible blade, Neverwinter Nine, Pale master, Red dragon disciple, Shadow Thief of Amn, Warpriest, Weapon Master
Requires training: No
Special: See notes.
Use: Smith's hammer on a crafting station (or applicable device).
- Using this craft skill requires an anvil and a Smith's Hammer, in addition to the appropriate materials (metal ingots, wooden planks, and/or leather hides) and a mold for the desired weapon. The character places all components, including the mold, in the anvil's inventory, then uses the smith's hammer's special ability on the anvil. If the character has enough ranks in Craft Weapon, the new item is created. The mold for each specific weapon lists which materials a weapon requires. One mold represents one crafted weapon.
- In order to create a weapon, all materials used to craft that weapon must be of the same type. For example, crafting a longsword requires two metal ingots. In order to create a darksteel longsword, two darksteel ingots must be used.
- The modified skill requirements for crafting weapons are:
|Weapon Proficiency||Skill Rank||Bows|
|Simple melee weapons||2 ranks||Longbow and Shortbow|
|Martial melee weapons||5 ranks||Crossbows and Bolts|
|Exotic melee weapons||8 ranks|
- Falchions are, for the purpose of crafting, labeled as Exotic weapons instead of Martial. This is probably a bug.
- Weapons can be crafted from basic materials (iron and wood), or from more exotic components, such as mithral or Shederran wood. Exotic materials increase the skill requirement to craft a weapon, but also provide additional benefits:
|Materials||+ Additional Skill Ranks||Bonus Effects|
|Alchemical silver||+5 ranks||Anti-(Devils, Lycanthrope, Vampire, Favored Soul)|
|Duskwood||+5 ranks||Weight Reduction; Attack Bonus.|
|Cold iron||+5 ranks||Anti-(Demons, Fey, Warlock, Favored Soul)|
|Shederran wood||+5 ranks||Bows only; Attack Bonus.|
|Darksteel||+10 ranks||+1 Electrical Damage|
|Mithril||+10 ranks||Weight Reduction (60%)|
|Zalantar||+10 ranks||Attack Bonus|
|Adamantine||+15 ranks||Magic Damage; Anti-(Iron Golem/Spells).|
- To bypass certain damage reduction, alchemical silver and cold iron weapons may also need the Good property.
- When using exotic materials to craft, the exotic material bonuses (one enchantment slot) count against the enchantment limit.
- If a character is short of skill ranks, she can temporarily increase them by use of magic items, feats (Inspire Competence), and spells (Fox's Cunning, Heroism).