- Type of feat
- Int 13+.
- Required for
- Feint, Improved Combat Expertise, Whirlwind Attack, Combat Insight
A character with this feat can make defensive attacks, gaining a +3 bonus to AC but receiving a -3 penalty to attack rolls.
- Combat mode
Gameplay Notes Edit
- Combat Expertise AC is of the "Untyped" type, meaning it works against all attacks, including touch attacks, is not lost flat-footed, and stacks with all other forms of AC.
- The attack penalty does not apply to the AB used for touch attacks, essentially making it free AC for a caster.
- It only works with melee weapons equipped, though it can be used while casting spells.
- In D&D, the penalty to AB and bonus to AC can be chosen by the player, to a maximum of 5.
- The bonus to AC is of the Dodge type.
- Expertise in NWN gave a fixed +5 bonus to Armor Class with a fixed -5 to-hit penalty.