This is a more potent, single-target version of the Fascinate bard song. The saving throw DC is increased to 14 + 1/2 the bard's level + the bard's Charisma modifier, and enemies being attacked nearby don't break the effect. There is a 5-round cool down before this ability can be used again.
Bug notes Edit
(1.03) Its horribly different to the description. The script is basically a copy of Fascinate, but with it being single target.
- The save DC is still 11 + (Perform Rank / 2)
- The effect is being mesmerized unless the target is attacked. It doesn't matter if the target sees nearby combat.
- The breaking distance, the distance the bard can be from the target is 90 meters.
- The duration is exactly 10 rounds (15 with Lingering Song), and not 1d10+4, as the description suggests.
- This ability misses its SignalEvent, meaning it does not count as a hostile action for purposes of breaking invisibility/etherealness.
Taking this into account we get this description:
Effect as of version 1.03 Edit
A single target makes a mind-affecting will saving throw against 11 + the half bards Perform skill or is mesmerized for 10 rounds. The target only breaks out of his mesmerized state if attacked. This doesn't count as a hostile ability for breaking the effects of invisibility.
Any creatures summoned by the mesmerized target will be calmed as well, because they technically count as an extension of the summoner. However, killing summoned creatures will NOT break the enchantment on the caster, as long as he himself is not affected. For example, if a wizard summons an elemental and the bard sings Cloud Mind, both the enemy spellcaster and his summoned elemental will be calmed. Casting Word of Faith will kill the summoned elemental, but will not break the mesmerization effect on the spellcaster if he is outside the radius of Word of Faith.